Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wow- it's been a while since anyone's blogged, and this is probably a dead subject in most people's minds, I really feel like Elliot is unique as a writer because he creates an intense collage of images that don't have a known linear flow about them. They seem random and strung together. They lack a perfect succession of time and place, but they do evoke strong emotions in the reader. I think this is where you can clearly see the connection to literature and art- there are those who love the abstract and feel that those who do not appreciate it do not understand it, and others who find it junk.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Dana and I think it is amazing that he is able to convey an entire story or emotion through his randomness. When I write poetry it always seems to have an order to it, but Eliot's non-linear writing makes him so unique and artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dana, very smart observation here. I think what you say about Eliot is right.

    ReplyDelete